Each association's members are unique. So, in addition to being able to sort your directory by Member Type and a few other built-in fields, you can also add custom filters.
Here is how to set up custom directory filters:
1. From the admin, go to Fields > Custom Fields
2. Click the Add Custom Field button (top-right)
3. Enter the Field Name and Display Name
Note: The Display Name will auto-fill based on the Field Name.
The Display Name is the label that will show in the directory filter and on directory profile pages (if applicable).
4. Enter additional information in the Instructions field, if necessary.
Note: This text will show beneath the Field Display Name on frontend member profiles (in the Member Compass and during initial signup).
5. Choose Checkbox or Set of Options depending on your filter needs.
Note: If you choose Set of Options, you will also need to add each option and choose whether they can select multiple options.
6. In the Visibility section, select Member Record. Checking this box will add an additional visibility option for Member Directory Filter.
7. Check the box for Member Directory Filter.
8. Fill out the remainder of the custom field modal as needed.
Your directory settings will now include your new custom field as an option to filter by.