Stripe is a third-party processor that is compatible with Novi and will work seamlessly with your QuickBooks Online account. Enjoy reliable, secure and simple payment processing.
Connecting to Stripe
If you're ready to connect to Stripe, please contact the Novi team to get started. We will first add your site domain to our Novi Stripe account. Then, we will switch your payment processor to Stripe in your Novi settings.
Once we are done with our "behind-the-scenes" work, you will want to delegate an association staff member with proper permission to follow these steps:
- Head to your Association Settings in the Admin, found in the top right corner by clicking on your name.
- Click on the Integrations tab on the lefthand side.
- Click the blue "Connect with Stripe" button.
- If you already have a Stripe account, log in. If not, Stripe will prompt you to create your account on a new screen. If you have more than one Stripe account, be sure to select the correct one.
- Once complete, you will see a screen telling you that you are connected. Exit this screen and return to Novi.
- Go to Association Settings and the Integrations tab to ensure that you have a message confirming that you are connected. See example below:
Once you are connected, you will need to run a $1 test charge to test your connection.
Note: There is a 7 day hold for payouts that will begin once you run this first charge. During the 7 day hold, you can still charge members. However, it is part of the Stripe security process to wait 7 days before payouts.
Creating a Stripe deposit isn't much different than the workflow for depositing checks. In this case, you'll want to rely on Stripe to show you what transactions are included in a deposit. Once you have that, you'll go through the create deposit workflow in QuickBooks online.
On the create deposit screen, you will want to select those Stripe transactions and create the deposit. You will also need to account for any fees deducted from the credit card batch. This should result in a deposit into your bank account in QuickBooks that matches the number that your bank has.
If you see an error like the one below when you attempt to connect to Stripe, it means that Novi's Stripe account has not been setup to enable this domain. Please contact the Novi team.
Q & A:
Q: Can Novi connect with both Stripe and QuickBooks Payments?
A: While you can accept payments using both processors, Novi can only be connected to one processor at a time.