Sometimes it can be helpful to know when an invoice or sales receipt was sent and to whom. You can leverage QuickBooks' extensive audit log to dig into a transaction's history. Sometimes great data can be the answer to the inevitable claim, "You never sent that invoice to me!"
Access Audit History
To access a transaction's audit history:
- Open the transaction in QuickBooks
- Click on the "More" link at the very bottom, towards the center of the screen.
- Click on "Audit History"
- Expand a particular date & time by clicking on it.
Information Available within Audit History
Some of the most helpful information available in the audit history of an invoice or sales receipt includes:
- Sent: whether the transaction has been sent
- Last Sent: date & time last sent
- Email Address
- Delivery error: Notification if there was a problem delivering the invoice via email
- Printed: The transaction's print status (Remember that QuickBooks and Novi treat printing transactions differently. QuickBooks has a concept of "to be printed" while Novi looks at whether a transaction was actually printed.)