For event registrations processed by staff in the admin, Novi does not automatically send invoices or sales receipts to the purchaser. This functionality is based on feedback from association executives and their staffs who wanted to control how and when those transactions were sent to their members.
Flexibility Built for Association Staff
At first it might sound strange that Novi does not automatically email transactions for event registrations created by association staff in the admin. We certainly felt that way until association staffs shared some of their use cases with the Novi team:
- "For some of our events, we mail paper tickets along with their invoices. This can add a really nice touch to the event."
- "Our members don't pay attention to emails, so we prefer to mail them paper invoices."
- "If a member has a credit on file, I don't want to send them their invoice until the credit has been applied and the invoice balance is zero."
- "Sometimes we offer special pricing to sponsors, and we want to adjust the transaction inside of QuickBooks before sending it out."
How to Print or Email a Transaction
To print or email a transaction to a purchaser (or the purchaser's billing contact), you have two options:
At the Time of Registration
While processing the event registration in the admin, instead of pressing "Save & Close," you can select the secondary option of "Save & Send." This will bring up the Send Invoice screen and will walk you through sending the invoice to the member.
If you'd prefer to email or print your event invoices (or sales receipts) in bulk, then this can be done with Batch Actions on the Transactions page.
- In the left navigation, click on Accounting, then Transactions
- The Filter can be very helpful to isolate the transactions that you're looking for.
- Consider filtering for "Event Invoice" with a transaction status of "Open." You can also look for only those invoices that have not been emailed or printed.