The first thing done during the data import process is to purge all sample data. This is so we have a clean slate when bringing in your QuickBooks Online data and your existing membership data.
One thing to note is that we don't purge all data, but we do purge most data. The things we keep are related more to the content and styling that drives the frontend of your site.
The items that get purged are as follows:
- Event Attendees
- Event Tickets
- Transactions (any kind of financial transaction)
- Members (both companies and people)
- Areas of Expertise
- User Accounts (new accounts will need to be created for association staff)
- Audit Log
- SEO Information related to the above deleted items
- Featured on homepage
On the other hand, these items must be set up BEFORE the data import:
- Member Types (Name / Company or Individual / Calendar or Anniversary)
- Custom Fields