You've gotten a prospect to join as a member or a non-member you were tracking to join the association.
Kudos to you! Now what?
- Open the member/customer record that you want to update.
- Navigate to the Details tab.
- Ensure that the member has the correct Member Type selected. Remember, a "non-dues paying member" can only inherit member benefits.
- Save (if you changed the member type or any other information on the record).
- If the member is expired, press the Renew Membership button. If the member is a prospect, then press the Convert Prospect to Member button.
- When the Create Membership or Renew Membership screen opens, review the Membership Summary for accuracy.
- Enter payment information -or- if you don't need to charge for dues, toggle Charge for Dues to Off.
- Depending on your business practices, you may save & close, save & send (the invoice), or save & print (the invoice).
Create Membership Modal:
Create Membership without Charging
To update membership information without creating a dues invoice, follow the same workflow with one exception. On the Create Membership/Renew Membership screen, toggle Charge for Dues to Off.