It's important to know how the member directory search function works when searching for a particular member. Read on to learn more about what happens behind-the-scenes when you use keywords to find a member in the directory.
The member directory keyword search filters down results by looking for the search text within the following (they do not have to start with the search text, they just have to contain it):
- Member Name
- The member's parent's name
- The member's professional title
- The member's credentials
- The member's shipping address city
- The member's shipping address zip code
- Any of the member's areas of expertise
If the search text is found in any of those, and the member is otherwise visible in the member directory, then the member will be shown.