There are a number of different options available to you when setting up your member directory. Each one of these settings can affect what data shows to whom. Below is a quick list of settings you'll want to consider.
Member Type > Settings Tab
The following settings apply to all records within a specific member type.
Show Inheriting Members in Directory
- This determines whether inheriting members are included in the directory. For trade associations, enabling this would generally show the people working for companies. For societies, this would generally show the companies that your members work for.
Show Staff List in Directory
- This determines whether the staff of a company will be displayed on the detail page of a company's directory listing. This is a setting that applies to company-based membership types only.
Display in Directory To
- This setting determines whether the public will be able to see the members within this member type when visiting the member directory.
- Additional check boxes allow you to show (or not show) the members within this member type to other member types.
Association Settings > Events Tab
Allow Event Attendees to be Shown to the Public
- This setting grants the ability for admins to show event attendees to the public.
Event Record > Settings Tab
Show attendees to public
- If the global event setting listed above is activated, then admins are given the opportunity to show or hide attendees for specific events on the website.
Member Record > Settings Tab
The following settings only apply to the specific customer for which they are toggled. They also overrule any member type, global, or specific event settings to add additional privacy for the member records toggled.
Hide on Website
- This setting literally hides the specific member record from being displayed within the member director on the website.
Hide Contact Information on Website
- This will allow the member to be listed on the website, but contact information will not be shown. Learn more.
Hide Address on Website
- This will allow the member to be listed on the website, but their address will not be shown.
Learn more about our efforts to protect your member data from spammers:
- Deep Dive: Data Harvesting & Website Scraping
- Email addresses behind reCAPTCHA
- Member Directory Contact Form
Hear from your peers: