The QuickBooks <> Novi AMS Integration
Novi AMS is connected to QuickBooks in a deeper and more meaningful way than perhaps any other association management software. Where other systems may offer a connection through blanket journal entries, we marry the two systems together at their foundations. Intuit would say that we integrate on the "target level," which is the most granular way that data can be sent to and from QuickBooks. The end result is an incredibly precise sync, clean books, and ultimately a significant reduction in time spent on accounting.
As the saying goes, with great power comes great responsibility. It is important that QuickBooks be setup correctly so that Novi can accurately and seamlessly create accounting transactions as association staff and members go about the business of renewing dues, registering for events, or buying products.
Resources Available to Help
Novi Knowledge Base
We highly encourage accountants and bookkeepers to read through our Accounting & QuickBooks Online documentation.
Here are a few articles that might help you get started:
- What information does Novi sync to QuickBooks Online?
- How often does Novi & QuickBooks Online sync together?
- Mapping accounting to QuickBooks Items (Products and Services) & Accounts
- The Novi Accounting Transactions section
- Sending Transactions from Novi AMS & QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Online and Novi Members Data Import
This article cover's the #1 "Why does Novi?" question:
QuickBooks Training & Help
- If you are new to QuickBooks Online, we highly recommend that full time bookkeepers and accountants consider Intuit's free Certified ProAdvisor program. Note that you'll need to create a QuickBooks Online Accountant login, separate from your organization's QuickBooks Online account in order to access the ProAdvisor resources.
- There are also a number of other resources available here: QuickBooks Help & Training
Cheat Sheet for Accountants
- Another great resource that is available is a basic list of QuickBooks Settings, Transactions & Objects that sync with Novi AMS: Cheat Sheet: QuickBooks Settings, Transactions & Objects that sync with Novi AMS