Novi's "Batch Actions" can be used to cancel multiple event attendee registrations from the same registration.
This workflow is limited to:
- Cancelling multiple attendees from the same registration
- Cancelling & refunding the entire purchase amount
To cancel a single registration or to issue partial or no refunds upon cancelation, please see this article:
Here's the Workflow
1. Identify the attendee records that need to be cancelled
For a little extra help finding records in a long list, consider using the open Search box or filtering for a specific ticket Registration Type.
2. Select the attendee records to be cancelled
Ensure that you are only selecting attendees that were registered at the same time, in the same registration.
3. Under "Batch Actions," select "Cancel & Refund Selected"
Registrations paid via credit card at the time of purchase (using a Sales Receipt) will be refunded directly to the credit card used. Registrations created using invoices will be refunded through the issuance of a credit memo.
- To cancel one ticket on a registration with multiple attendees, find the attendee and click the Cancel link in the Action column (on the Attendees tab of the event). If the registration was Invoiced, the system will create a credit memo for the portion of the amount that applies to this attendee. If the event registration was paid via credit card at the time of purchase (resulting in a Sales Receipt), then a refund will be issued to the card holder and a Refund Receipt will be created in QuickBooks.
- Refunding an event cancellation after a credit memo has been issued.
- Note: If credits are automatically being applied to open invoices and you would rather issue a refund, refer to this QuickBooks Online help article for steps to edit your settings.