If a customer has made a payment to your organization using QuickBooks Payments, you can issue a refund from the QuickBooks Payments Merchant Center.
First, access the portal.
- Within QuickBooks: Settings Gear > Account & Settings > Payments > Manage Account
Once in the portal, find the credit card charge.
- The Transaction ID can be particularly helpful.
On the charge detail, press "Reverse."
Issue the refund
- Choose the transaction (#1 Below).
- Type the amount that you want to refund (#2 Below). To issue a partial refund, enter an amount that is less than the original amount.
- Click Submit.
- A refund receipt will automatically be created inside of QuickBooks.