When uploading a company logo or headshot to a record in Novi, the initial placement of the image is not always ideal. Users can manipulate the image using the Zoom and Drag options described below. This feature is available on the backend (for admins) and the frontend (for members).
Edit Options: Zoom & Drag
When a company logo or profile image (headshot) is uploaded to a record in Novi, there are two options available:
- Zoom: A zoom bar to resize the image
- Drag: The ability to click and drag the image within the frame
How to Upload & Edit an Image
- Go to the company or individual's record on the backend, and click on the Details tab.
- Scroll down to the Profile Information section and click the Upload File button (or Replace File).
- If the image needs to be manipulated, use the zoom and drag features to adjust the fit.
- Once the image is framed properly, click the Set Crop button (beneath the picture). This will save the image, including any adjustments you made. It will not change the original jpg/png file.
- If the picture looks good, click the Save button (top right).
- If the picture still needs to be adjusted, click the Edit Crop button.
This is the original upload placement:
The image has been adjusted (zoomed out):
After clicking the Set Crop button, this is the final image placement:
Don't forget to click the Save button when you're done!
For more information, check out the Best Practices for Optimizing Images for Web article.