In addition to lots of under the hood and exciting feature work updates, here are some new features we just couldn't wait to share!
For those of you who will be attending, we're excited to see you at the Novi Users Summit, July 22-24 in Orlando, FL! If you haven’t downloaded a copy of the agenda yet, you can access that here.
New Features & Updates
Custom Report Conditions and Columns Update
Being able to pull custom reports is important for understanding and viewing your members' information. That's why we've made it super simple to find what you're looking for! This will allow you to create reports faster and get even more time back to dedicate to making an impact on your membership.
Now, instead of searching through the lists of columns and conditions for what you need to find, you can easily search for a phrase that contains parts of both the section header and the specific field.
For example, if you need to pull a report based on a certain member type, your section header is Member Type Info, and your specific field is the Name.
Instead of typing a vague term like "Name" and scrolling to look for the member type section, simply type in "Member Type Name" and your selection for a column or condition will appear.
Register Event Attendees at No Charge from the Backend
When registering attendees from the backend, the New Registration modal now has a Charge for Registration option that can be toggled to on or off. This feature makes it easier for admins to add registrations to an event under the appropriate ticket but not charge for the ticket.
This is especially helpful when an attendee is an exception to the rule. For example, Speakers and Board members are common examples because they should be counted the same as all other attendees, but the association may not want to charge them for the ticket.
Please note the following for when "Charge for Registration" is toggled to OFF:
- All the totals will disappear. If the attendee is purchasing two tickets and you need to charge for one ticket but not the other, enter the no charge ticket on a separate registration.
- The amounts will not be included in the "Revenue" column of the event list.
Specify a Time Zone on Events
If your members and/or event locations are in different time zones, then you're going to love this! Novi now has a setting on each of your events where you can indicate the time zone.
- If the association's time zone is set to Eastern Time, but the event is in Central Time, the admin can now select the Event Time Zone from a drop-down list.
- When applicable, the system will automatically determine if it's Daylight Time (e.g. PDT) or Standard Time (e.g. PST), based on the time zone selected and the date of the event.
- The time zone will be displayed in 4 places: Frontend event detail display, Frontend registration page, Event confirmation email, and the Event reminder email.
- The time zone also applies to the "Add to Calendar" feature of the event so people will show up at the right time!
Items of Note:
- The time zone for an event will default to the association's time zone. In this case, there are no additional steps during set up.
- The time zone setting is not automatically based on the location of the event - these settings are independent of each other. The admin will need to make sure the time zone is updated if the event is not in the same time zone as the association.
- Multi-day events won't display a time zone because they're "all day" events
- The start/end times for ticket registration and promo codes are still based on the association's time zone.
Event Secondary Call to Action Update
We've increased the character limit on the button text for a Secondary Call to Action from 15 characters to 30. Here's an example using 30 characters:
Recent Signups List Member Status
You'll notice two new columns in your Recent Signups List: a Member Status column and a Member Sub-Status column. These will give you a clear view into the current state of the record in the Recent Signups list.
The Member Status column will show you the status of the record - whether they are currently a non-member, inheriting, current, etc.
The Member Sub-Status column will give more detail about records with the Pending status - records can be pending for two reasons: 1) They haven't yet been approved, or, 2) they are missing a relation to a member in a member type that they are dependent on - for example, a company in Member Type A that cannot be a member unless it has a parent in Member Type B.
New Educate Articles You Won't Want To Miss!
The Novi team is constantly creating new educate articles and adding to existing ones, which are all available on http://help.noviams.com. We've compiled a few of our newer articles that we think might interest you!
If you don't have time to read these articles now, we recommend saving the links to your existing process documentation so the next time you create an event (for example), you can reference the applicable articles. And as always, if you have any questions or feedback, please reach out to us via Intercom!
- Create an Event in Novi - Includes in-depth steps on how to create and edit an event in Novi, and what features are available for event setup.
- Create a Member Type in Novi - How to create a membership option for new signups in Novi AMS.
- Should I Create a Report or a Group? - Learn how to determine when to create a Group and when a Custom Report makes more sense.
- Novi Custom Report Available Fields - See a full list of available fields that can be queried (used as a report condition) & displayed (in a report column) in custom reports.
- How to Require Users to Login for Event Registrations - Learn how to set up event tickets so that everyone must login to register - members only, specific member type(s), or specific group(s).
- QuickBooks Deposit Flow Chart - Graphically see how payments and sales receipts should flow through undeposited funds into your bank account.
Upcoming Novi AMS Roundtables
Missed a recent Roundtable?
No problem! We'll add the recap and recording for each of the Roundtables within a few days. You can find them in the Novi Roundtables section of our Help Center!
- Sept 11: Dues Rules & Renewals - Come join the Novi team for a roundtable discussion on dues rules and renewals. Bring your questions, and feel free to show your crafty automation!