What Is Key Information?
Did you know a recent study done by Microsoft determined that the average person's attention span is now down from 12 seconds to about 8 seconds? That means you have a pretty short timeframe to grab a new member's attention and get them to go through with joining the association.
We know it's more important than ever these days to have a simple, streamlined and efficient member signup process on your website, so we're introducing... Key Information!
Key Information refers to fields (member fields and custom fields) that are displayed for:
- New dues-paying members during signup
- New users creating user accounts for the first time during account creation
- Member Compass renewals
- New memberships via the Member Compass
Rather than having users fill out every single field of information you'd like to collect from them during initial signup, you'll determine which fields they need to fill out during the signup/manual renewal process and which can get filled out via their Member Compass at a later time.
What Do I Need To Do To Set Up My Key Information?
Setting up your Key Information is simple! You'll just need to determine which of your Member Fields and which of your Custom Fields should be Key Information, which is as simple as clicking a checkmark in a column on your site!
The videos below will walk you through the setup process and important information you should know pertaining to both of these sections.
Please note: If you do not configure your Key Information fields, no problem! The following fields will automatically be labeled as Key Information:
- Billing Address
- Parent Member
- Any Required Fields
- All Fields Used in Dues Rules
Ready to get started setting up your Key Information? There are two locations where this will need to be set up: Member Fields and Custom Fields. Find out more below!
*Tip: If you'd like to watch these videos in a larger screen, open in YouTube!
Configuring Key Information in Member Fields
- Determine which fields are Key Information by ensuring that the green checkmark appears in that column for that particular field.
- Remember there are Member Fields for both people and company records.
- A field can be Key Information and not be required, but it can't be required and not be Key Information.
Configuring Key Information in Custom Fields
- Very similar to configuration for Member Fields.
- Be sure that your custom field settings are correct. More info on creating custom fields in Novi.
- Fields where Key Information doesn't apply will show a value of N/A.