In this sprint, we worked on 29 stories/projects. Here are the highlights!
- "Users Cannot Change on Frontend After Initial Value" Custom Field Setting
- Adding "http(s)" is No Longer Required in Website Member Fields
- Default Shipping Option on Ecommerce Checkout Page
Register for Novi Roundtables!
- Dates & Topics Below
"Users Cannot Change on Frontend After Initial Value" Custom Field Setting
Do you find yourself wanting to prevent users from making changes to their custom field values after they give them to you?
Let's say that in your Key Information, you ask for info in a field that will determine their dues amount. Once they give the information to you, you might not want them to be able to edit that information because they could change it in favor of cheaper dues next year.
To give you control over this, we've introduced a custom field setting labeled "Users Cannot Change on Frontend After Initial Value." Simply put, once the new member registers and fills out the info, the field will appear greyed out in the Member Profile so that they can see the value, but cannot change it.
They would need to contact the association to have an admin do so.
Adding "http(s)" is No Longer Required in Website Member Fields
For some users, adding "http(s)" at the beginning of a URL when completing an online form might not be super intuitive, so we've updated Novi to no longer require users to add "http(s)" to URLs in forms.
If a user enters a partial URL, such as www.abcinc.com, the system will add the "http(s)" after the user clicks Save. The link will now be accurate and clickable on the frontend of your website.
Default Shipping Option on Ecommerce Checkout Page
When a user purchases a product and goes to view their cart, the Delivery Method section on the checkout screen will now default to the Shipping option, if applicable to the product. This way, the user won't accidentally submit the order without selecting and/or paying for shipping.
Love Novi? Give us a quick review!
Upcoming Novi AMS Roundtables
Join the Novi team and your association peers for our weekly roundtables where we host discussions on various topics relating to using Novi.
To sign up, click the link below for a topic that you're interested in!
- Oct 16: Using Google Analytics - How are you using Google Analytics to track and report on your website traffic? If you aren't, where do you even get started?
- Oct 23: Using Slack As an Association Staff - Come join the Novi team for a roundtable discussion on using Slack (a cloud-based team collaboration software) for your internal communications.
- Oct 30: SEO Best Practices - Does Your SEO Look Scary? Want To Make It More Spooktacular?
- Nov 13: Website Content Workshop - Looking to learn more about interesting and captivating website content ideas? Come share your ideas!