The Abridged Version
- We've made updates to the MailChimp & Constant Contact sync to make easier to setup & a piece of cake to find out why a certain email address isn't syncing over.
- We've updated the Save and Add buttons in the Member Compass, so members don't forget to save their changes.
- Error messages for invoice re-calculations are now clear and helpful.
Also, don't forget to signup for our two roundtables next week:
- Impromptu Roundtable: Data Cleanup During Downtime - March 30th at 2PM EST
- Tips & Tricks with Custom Reports & Groups - April 1 at 2:00 PM EST
Updates to MailChimp/Constant Contact Email Syncs
You probably already know your Novi groups can sync to MailChimp or Constant Contact. To make the process more straightforward and reduce the likelihood of receiving sync errors, we've streamlined the setup process.
- Within each Novi Group, you'll now toggle the sync to ON or OFF (pictured below), instead of naming and creating a list each time. The email list name will default to the same name as the Novi Group for consistency.
- Note: You can edit the name of the interest group (in MC) or the list (in CC), if you'd like.
- Note: Your previously synced group names will remain the same, unless you toggle the sync off, then on again.
- When a Group is deleted in Novi, the list will be deleted in your email platform and the action will be listed in the audit log. The same is true if the toggle in the Novi Group is switched from ON to OFF.
- When a Group is deleted in MailChimp or Constant Contact (and is still linked to a group that's syncing), Novi will show you the error.
- Your MailChimp Audience also no longer has to be called "Novi AMS." Once we sync to an audience (or create one), we'll store the List ID so future syncs will only look for the ID (not the name). This also applies to the MailChimp Interest Group category, which is currently called "Novi AMS Interests" by default.
Email Sync Status Additions
Have you ever wondered why your Novi group shows a certain number of members, but your MailChimp or Constant Contact list shows less? This is the update for you!
We've added greater transparency to both your main groups list and your group members lists!
Under "Email Sync" in your groups list, we've added the number of members within the group that we weren't able to sync over. If you click on the number of members not synced, you'll be taken to the list of un-synced group members.
Within the group members lists, you'll also see two new columns: Do Not Send Marketing Emails & Email Sync Status (this will say MailChimp or Constant Contact, unless you happen to use both).
These columns will give you greater insight into whether or not a member's settings say that they shouldn't be synced to the email provider, if they were successful, and/or if they weren't successful and why. Note below that the Email Sync Status column will show spinners when a sync is in progress.
For example, note the N/A status below. Notice that upon hover, the system lets you know that the member doesn't have an email address.
Overall Group Sync Status
You can also see the sync status of the overall group within each specific Group member list.
This way, if you're working on the setup of a group or viewing the list of group members, you don't need to navigate away from the group to check the sync status.
Improved User Experience in Member Compass
Member Compass Save Buttons
We heard some members weren't catching the "Save" button in their Member Compass, and would forget or unknowingly not save the changes being made to their profile.
The Save button will now float on the side of the Member compass on larger screens, and will show horizontally on the bottom (always visible) on mobile screens.
Update to "Add" Buttons for Education, Awards, etc.
We also added a little clarity text to any of the "ADD" buttons to prevent confusion as to what members may be adding.
Invoice Recalculation Message Updates
You should now receive helpful messages if there is an error with your recalculation, including:
You may still receive a general unforeseen error, i.e. if QuickBooks is having issues at the time of your recalculation, so please feel free to contact us if that occurs.
Love Novi? Give us a quick review!
Upcoming Novi AMS Roundtables
Novi Roundtables are opportunities for Novi customers to be able to virtually gather and discuss specific topics relating to associations with each other.
Keep in mind, this is a chance for discussion amongst peers, so we don't want it to feel like a webinar! Please come prepared to share ideas and ask questions. A Novi team member will be in attendance to moderate each discussion as well!
To sign up for the next roundtable, click the link below:
March 30, 2020 2:00 PM EST - Impromptu Roundtable: Data Cleanup During Downtime
Data cleanup often gets pushed to the backburner due to lack of time and resources. If there is a ray of light amidst the corona craziness, it's that your association may find itself with some downtime that can be dedicated to data. Join us as we discuss best practices for how to eliminate duplicate or bad data, and tips on managing your data regularly!
April 1, 2:00 PM EST - Tips & Tricks with Custom Reports & Groups
- What are some custom reports your organization uses regularly?
- What are some custom group examples set up at your organization?
- How does your organization utilize the group features?