Tasks are one of the types of activities that can be added to the Timeline on a customer's record. It is a unique activity type because it can be assigned to any admin and then marked complete when done. Tasks also have a status, so you'll know if they are open, overdue, or complete. When it comes to managing your team's tasks, that's where the Task Center comes in handy.
Here are a few highlights of how the Task Center will be your new best friend!
- Manage tasks for your entire team.
- View a list of tasks that have been assigned to you, and see if they're overdue.
- Create new tasks, and edit or delete existing tasks.
- Send less emails to your co-workers - create a task instead.
- Less sticky notes all over your desk!
Before using the Task Center, you'll need to create some tasks:
- Tasks can only be added by and assigned to users with Full Admin or Limited Admin access. Learn more about adding and editing user privileges.
- For more information on how to create new tasks, check out this related article: Create new activity or task
Once tasks have been created, they will be listed in the Task Center where all admins can manage tasks for themselves and other admins. Keep reading to see all the ways you can use the Task Center to keep your team focused and efficient!
Manage Tasks in the Task Center
Found under the Members section on the backend, the Task Center is a centralized place to manage your team's member-related tasks, which are actionable items added to a customer's record by an admin.
The Task Center link will show a small number badge beside it with your count of open tasks.
Task Center Functionality
Task List Sections
The list of tasks is split into 3 sections, based on the status of the tasks:
- When you first come to the Task Center, the default view will display overdue and open tasks that are assigned to you.
- Overdue tasks show as red instead of blue. Note: If a task is due today, it won't show as overdue until midnight.
- If you mark a task complete, it won't move to the Completed section of the list until you refresh the page.
In the top left staging area, quickly filter the list by clicking on the My Tasks or Team Tasks icons:
- Open Tasks (blue) - Open tasks, including overdue
- Overdue (red) - Only tasks with an overdue status
Use the Search box to find tasks by Subject or by the content in the Notes section of the task(s).
Use the filter drop-down to narrow the list of tasks by:
- Assigned To - Options are All Team Tasks or you can select a specific admin
- Task Status - Any, Open, or Complete
- Task Date - Enter a start and/or end date
Task Details Overview
The following information will be displayed on each task:
- Admin Name
- Customer Name
- Mark Complete (checkbox on left and button on right)
- Edit Task (pencil)
- Delete Task (trash can)
CSV Export & Gear Icon
- Use the excel icon to export the list as a CSV file
- Use the gear icon to change the number of tasks displayed (up to 300 at a time)
Create New Task
- New Task button
- Plus icon (+)