If you attempt to delete a member type that has records attached, you will receive a message telling you to re-assign those records. However, if an attached records are inactive (deleted) you will not see them on the main members list.
To see these inactive records, follow these steps:
- Click on the member type at the top of the members list to filter the list down by only records in that member type.
- Click on the "Filter" dropdown tab
- Choose "Inactive" under "Active in Quickbooks Online and the deleted records will show up.
Once you see the records, change their member type to non-dues paying member. To do this, go to the record and follow these steps:
- Click on the Details tab.
- Click on the member type dropdown.
- Change member type to "non-dues paying member."
Once your deleted records are no longer a part of the member type, you will now be able to delete the desired member type.