If your members offer a special discount or deal on their services to other members in your organization, they can advertise these special offers on their member directory listing.
Setting up Special Offers
Step 1: Give it a name
The default name for this feature is "Special Offer." To rename this feature:
- Go to Association Settings > Membership > Special Offer Custom Label
- Label your special offer
- Click Save
Step 2: Enable the feature by member type
- On the backend, go to the "Member Types" tab which can be found under "Members"
- Select the member type that will be using this feature
- Go to the "Settings" tab and check "Enable Special Offer"
- Click Save
Note: This label will change to whatever you've chosen to call it in Step 1 above.
How to Edit the Special Offer on a Member Record
Edit specials as an admin on the backend
You can edit specials for members from the admin by going to the member's record and adding/editing the record on the "Details" tab.
Edit specials on the frontend
After a member has joined, they can log in to their Member Compass and click on the Company tab (see screenshot below). The Special Offer fields will be at the bottom of the page.
- Note: These fields are not available on the initial membership registration form, only in the Member Compass.
- Tip: Add a message to the welcome email encouraging new members to login and update their company's profile.
What your members will see on the frontend
Once a member (or admin) has entered the information about their offer, a "Special Offer" message will appear on their member listing in the member directory. The details of this offer can be viewed by clicking on their listing.
Special Offer Icon on the Member Directory Listing:
Special Offer Info on the Member Listing Page: