Utilizing the secondary call to action (CTA) section in your events is a great way to organize information and event "to-dos" for members in a central location.
If you're wondering what exactly a call to action is, it's a prompt for members to do, complete, or follow-through with something. It's a message that let's them know you want them to do something. A secondary call to action comes into play after members register for the event. It's all of the "other" things you need members to take note of or complete - a nomination form, an application, etc.
Adding a secondary call to action
To add a secondary CTA to your event, follow these steps:
- Head to the event on the backend.
- Navigate to the Details tab.
- Scroll down to the Secondary Call to Action section.
- Name your CTA.
- Enter in the URL that the button on the frontend should link to.
- Save your event.
Using a PDF as a secondary call to action
In order to create a secondary CTA, you'll need a URL for the button to link to. Linking to an external site is straightforward - all you'll need to do is name the CTA and copy/past the site URL. However, if you want the CTA button to link to a PDF file, it needs to be "hosted" somewhere to have a URL - otherwise it's just a file on your computer. To host your PDF on Novi and create a URL, follow these steps:
- In the left navigation, click Static Content > Novi Files.
- This will bring up the files modal. In the top left, click Upload and upload your PDF file.
- Once it loads, right click on your uploaded file.
- Click on Info.
- Copy the URL shown.
- Head back to the event and paste this newly created URL in the secondary CTA section.