For this approval point, you'll just want to take a look and make sure that your financial transactions in QuickBooks Online also show in Novi.
Here is what you'll want to review:
The total number of transactions showing in both systems. Compare the number of invoices, sales receipts, payments, credit memos, or refunds in both Novi and QuickBooks.
- Use your filter on the Accounting > Transactions page to filter the list by each transaction type.
- For each of the follow transaction types - All Invoices, Sales Receipts, Payments, Credit Memos, Refunds - scroll to the bottom of the list and make note of how many of each type are in Novi.
Note: For invoices, you should just check the All Invoices section. Since you haven't been creating invoices in Novi yet, there will be no invoices in the system labeled as dues, event, or product.
- Click on the magnifying glass in the top right corner to bring up the search bar. Click Advanced Search.
- Click on the All Transactions filter. Use this filter to find your transaction types. For example, if you're comparing the number of Invoices, make sure you filter this to say Invoices (This is sometimes called Pledges in QBO).
- The number in "Found X Matches" should match your numbers from Novi. Note: If the numbers do not match, please set your date filter to an earlier date. Novi will show all invoices connected to customers, regardless of date. Perhaps try 1/1/2000 to start.
Additional Info - PLEASE READ!:
In order for a transaction to appear in Novi, it must meet three criteria points:
- The transaction must be attached to a customer record.
- The transaction must be an invoice, sales receipt, payment, credit memo, or refund. Journal entries will NOT appear in Novi.
- Transactions pertaining to your vendors (not your supplier/associate members, if that applies to you, but rather the people YOU pay for services), will not appear in Novi. Only transactions on the revenue/customer side of QuickBooks Online.