If you've ever hosted an event, you know how important it is to make your registration simple and intuitive for your attendees. We definitely agree - which is why we have Ticket Categories!
These categories allow you to group event tickets together, so that registration is simpler to navigate and finding tickets that apply to you as an attendee is easier than ever. While this will help organize any event, this is especially helpful for larger events such as conferences that have many different types registration options.
This not only makes registration look cleaner, it also more definitively points your attendees to the tickets they're looking for, which means less questions and phone calls to you!
About Event Categories
If a category is set up, on the event registration page, purchasers are shown headers that can be expanded (can click the minus signs to close) upon navigating to the page...
...Or closed (can click the plus signs to open)!
Creating Ticket Categories
To create a new category, simply:
- Head to your event on the backend.
- In the top right of the event, select New.
- In the dropdown, select Ticket Category.
- When the New Ticket Category modal opens, enter the name of your new category. This becomes the header of your category.
- If you'd like the category to appear "opened" when someone views your event page, leave "Collapse by Default" turned off.
- If you'd like the category to appear "closed" when someone views your event page, turn "Collapse by Default" on.
- Now you've created your category! You will see it on the Tickets tab of the event. It will have no tickets in it by default.
Adding Tickets to Categories
To add tickets to categories, simply:
- Create your event ticket(s) if you have not done so already. These will not automatically be placed in a category.
- Find your category on the Tickets tab of the event.
- Click and drag/drop your ticket(s) to their respective category.
- The order in which you drag/drop your tickets is the order they will appear on the event.
- Notice that there is a (No Ticket Category) section for tickets not placed in a category. This appears on the frontend with a header of Other Registration Options.
Just like tickets can be arranged, so can the categories! To edit this, simply click on the category itself in the list and drag/drop to the appropriate location in regard to the other categories. This is the order in which it will appear on the frontend.
If you need to edit the name of an existing category, click "Edit" next to the category itself in the list. This will also let you edit if it is expanded or collapsed by default. Click the carat icon on the right to delete a category. You will need to remove the tickets from the category before doing so.
Other Items of Note
- These categories will also show to you in the registration modal when you register attendees from the backend.
- Categories are per event. Setting up a category on one event will not automatically add it to others.
- However, copying an event will copy over ticket categories.
- This does not affect functionality or creation of tickets.
- If someone does not have permissions to see ANY tickets in a category or if the category itself does not have any tickets, they will not see the category on the frontend.
- Two categories cannot have the same name.