Virtual events, educational sessions, and meetings are becoming more popular in today's society. If your organization has video content that is for members-only, or even a more specific group of users (e.g. Newsletter Subscribers), follow the steps below to embed the video on your website and lock it down to specific users.
Step 1: Create your page or article
Create a members-only static page or blog/news article, and lock it down to logged in members with benefits or specific group(s).
- Create a new blog/news article - To restrict the visibility of an article, put it in a blog category that is locked down (either to members-only or a specific group). Note that you'll need to use an article if you'd like to feature this content in the top featured or slider sections on your homepage.
- Add a new static page to your website - You can also use an existing static page, just be sure to edit the page settings so access is limited to the appropriate users.
Step 2: Prepare your video & its settings
You'll need to upload your video to a video hosting platform prior to embedding it within your Novi page, such as YouTube.
Additionally, you may choose to lock down visibility on the video platform, so that users can't share the video URL with others who can't access the Novi page.
- Vimeo - Changing the privacy settings of your videos
- Wistia - Sharing videos privately
- YouTube - How to change video privacy settings
Step 3: Add your video to the page/article
Now, you'll want to add your video into your Novi page or blog/news article.
- Get the video embed code from the video platform, and/or check out this article for information on embedding responsive videos.
- Copy the embed code and paste it in the Source Code of the page/article on your website. To learn more about editing frontend content, including how to access the Source Code, check out this article.
- Save your work, and done!
*Please note that the video may not appear if you're logged in as an admin. To confirm that the source code update is working properly, log out or view the page incognito.