In order to provide technical support, we ask that our association partners grant the Novi AMS support team access to their QuickBooks file.
As QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisors, the Novi support team has a special account with Intuit that allows us to connect to your QuickBooks file as an accountant. Connecting as an accountant user allows better transparency and security. It also gives us more tools to help accommodate your support requests.
To learn more about why Novi AMS requests access to your account and how it affects your support requests, check out the QuickBooks Online Accountant Access (Why?) article.
Removing Novi AMS Access
One of the limitations to QuickBooks Online accounting access is that only two accountant users can be listed at one time, so things can get crowded around tax time or audit season when some organizations bring in additional accounting resources.
Please feel free to remove Novi in order to provide access to your tax accountant. However, please understand that we might not be able to provide our normal level of support while the access isn’t there.
Please let us know when you're ready to add us back, and we'll provide you with the proper email address to invite.
Once you've received the information from Novi, follow the steps below to grant access.
Please Note: It can take several hours to several days for us to process your connection request. As such, we recommend that you leave the connection in place unless it is absolutely necessary to remove it.
Steps to Grant Access to Novi AMS
1. In QuickBooks Online, click the gear icon in the upper right corner.
2. Select Manage Users (in the first column).
3. Click on the Accountants tab (or Accounting Firms).
4. Click on the green Invite Accountant button.
5. In the "Add a new accountant" modal, enter the First Name, Last Name, and Email provided by Novi.
6. After saving, a success message will appear at the top of the screen.
7. Our team will be sent an email that contains a link for signing in to your company.
8. You will know that we have accepted your request when our status on the Manage Users page changes from Invited to Active.