In situations where your Membership Expiration Date needs to be changed on multiple member records, this feature, run by Novi groups, will allow you to perform a batch update!
As an example, let's say that you have a member type that is currently on Anniversary renewal, and you'd like to switch it over to Calendar renewal. This would be perfect for updating the expiration date of members within that member type in bulk, saving you from having to update the date on each and every member.
Important Notes & Considerations:
Under no circumstances should this be used for routine renewals. This will not generate any dues invoices.
Only primary group members will be updated.
This feature is only available to full admins. Admins with limited access will not be able to perform this function.
Pay special attention to group conditions prior to updating your group's expiration date to ensure that it consists of only the members you'd like to update.
Once the steps below are completed, the change is not instantaneous - it's queued as a process that may take a few minutes to several hours to complete, dependent on the size of the group. The status will be shown on the group member list.
If you're not 100% sure that this feature would apply to your particular use case, please do not hesitate to reach out to the Novi team via Intercom prior to using the feature.
Please note that incorrect usage of the feature may not be reversible in some circumstances and, if it is reversible, may require billed developer time to fix.
Update Expiration Dates
Once you're certain that a bulk update is the way to go, follow the steps below.
1. Go to the Groups section in the admin and create a new group consisting of the members whose expiration dates you would like to update.
2. After saving and closing the new group modal, find the group in the list and click on the name of the group to open the details/settings.
3. Then navigate to the Members tab of the group.
4. Review the records that are being included in the Group. As a reminder from above, only the Primary Group Members will be included in the bulk update. If your group has Beneficiaries they will not be affected.
5. When you're ready to make the update to expiration dates, click the drop-down arrow on the Edit button (top right) and select Update Expiration Dates.
6. When the modal appears, enter the New Expiration Date.
If there are any members in the group that can't be updated for any reason, you will be notified and they will not be updated. A list of these members will be displayed in the modal as soon as the new date is entered, so the admin will be aware before they click the Update Members button.
7. Click the Update Members button to queue the update, which may take some time to run.
8. Double-check your members' new expiration dates for accuracy. You may want to pull a custom report or add "Membership Expires On" as a display column in your backend Members list.