It's pretty simple to update the background images that display at the top of the home page of your website. Here are a couple of quick steps:
When you go to create...
The images displayed at the top of a Novi AMS home page come directly from events and blog posts, so you will need to create at least one of those in order to add an image to your home page.
There is a Featured Image/Photo section when creating a Static Page. This image will only show up if the Static Page is added to the Top Featured section.
Product images will pull from the background images on the Product Category.
When creating content, pay particular attention to the image you choose. Here are some best practices for you to follow.
Edit Top Featured Section of Homepage
From the homepage, click on the edit icon at the very top of the page. Remember, you'll need to be logged in as an admin before you can make changes.
Add Events, Articles, Static Pages & Products
Within the edit modal that appears, you can add or remove items directly to your homepage.
Set the Order
To set the order, hover your cursor over the nine small dots to the left of the item's title. You will notice the cursor change to a four-way arrow. With that cursor showing, you can drag and drop the items into the desired order.
- If an event is over, it will no longer show to website visitors in the featured section.
- If the publish date on an article is set for the future, it will not show to website visitors until the publish date.
- If nothing is featured in the Top Featured section, the default Top Featured Image will be displayed. Default images can be changed in Association Settings.
- Looking for some new images? Check out our list of websites with stock images available for commercial use.
- Don't forget to follow these best practices to optimize your images!