If you've had a member pay their dues and need to refund the payment, start in QuickBooks Online.
If it's after 3pm on the day of the sale, you will need to issue a refund receipt.
How To Issue a Refund Receipt
1. From the + menu, select Refund Receipt.
2. In the refund receipt window, choose the Customer from the drop-down menu.
3. If paid by credit card, select Credit Card as the payment method. If you told QuickBooks to remember the credit card number, you won’t have to reenter it.
If there isn't a credit card available, you have a few options here:
Reach out to the customer and ask for their credit card information so that you can issue them the refund via that method
Issue the refund via check
Choose to apply the refund towards future payments
4. Click the Product/Service dropdown and choose the product being refunded.
5. Make sure the refund Amount is correct, including tax. Then click Save and Close.
If you want to double-check that the refund went through, go back to the customer's list of transactions and you will see the refund.
NOTE: If the reason for the refund was due to a duplicate paid member record, you will need to go into Novi and merge the records.