If you want to send marketing emails to members who haven't yet registered for a certain event, you can do so with MailChimp and Constant Contact!
This allows you to reach your un-registered contacts in Novi with a "Don't forget to register!" email without sending repetitive mail to those already registered.
This layer of customization gives your email communication a personal touch that will help you better communicate with your membership.
You'll first need to make sure that you have two things set up in Novi:
1) Create a Novi Group consisting of anyone you want to receive this email, if you do not already have a similar group created. Then, sync your group to MailChimp or sync your group to Constant Contact.
2) Sync your registered event attendees with a list. You can do this on the Settings tab on the particular event. Be descriptive in naming the sync so you can easily identify your attendees. For instance, "2018 Annual Conference."
Once you have these two things set up, give the sync a little bit of time to process. Then, head to either MailChimp or Constant Contact and follow these steps:
- Click Campaigns and follow the instructions until you are taken to the section to include the email recipients.
- In the screen that opens: choose Novi AMS in the List field and then click "Group or new segment" in the Segment field.
- Set your first condition. This should be set to say Novi AMS Interests > All of > (group with all members) - see screenshot
- Set your second condition. Click the "add" button at the bottom left of the screen to add this section. This should be set to say Novi AMS Interests > None of > (group with event attendees) - see screenshot
- From here, you can now continue to create your campaign as normal, and MailChimp should send this campaign to your group, excluding current registered event attendees.
- Find and click on your list of event attendees in your contacts. Create a tag and apply the tag to all contacts in this list.
- In the Search Contacts box on the lefthand side of the page, select Advanced.
- Run a search for List > is > (name of list you synced the Novi group to) AND Tag > is not > (tag name you attached to the attendee list) - see screenshot
- Check the checkbox at the top of the results to select all of these contacts.
- Click Manage Lists.
- Click Add to Lists.
- Create A New List and give it a name. You have now created a new list of all contacts in the original group, excluding the registered attendees and can now send a campaign to this list. NOTE: This new list is not synced with Novi or automatically updated. You'll want to repeat this process when you need to send a campaign like this in the future.
*Note: In both instances, these are fun tips/suggestions we have collected based on ideas from customers. Specific questions on functionality in MailChimp or Constant Contact should be directed to their support teams.