Adding new pages to your website has never been easier. Let's get started!
Adding a Web Page
1. Go to the admin (backend of Novi) and click Static Content > Folders & Pages > Add Page.
2. Then the "New Static Page" modal will be displayed, where the details for your new page can be entered.
- Page Name
- Template (see below for more info)
- Page Title (auto-populates for you)
- Friendly File Name (auto-populates for you)
The following Templates are available for static pages:
Default - sidebar region, but no header photo
Full Width - no sidebar region or header photo (best for pages with multimedia such as video - text-heavy full width pages can be overwhelming to site users)
Header Photo - includes a header photo and sidebar region
Learn more about how to select the appropriate Template for your CMS page.
- Folder - This is a way to organize your webpages on the backend. This is not related to the website's navigation.
- Leadership Roles to Display - Add one or more Leadership Roles, which will be displayed beneath the editable content region.
- Only Accessible to Logged In Members With Benefits - Checking this box will ensure that that a user must be logged in before they can see the page.
- Only Accessible by These Groups - To lock down a page to a specific group(s), create the Group on the backend and then add it here. The webpage will only be accessible by members of the group who are logged in to the website.
- SEO Description - The meta description is a snippet (a tag in HTML) which summarizes a page's content. Search engines oftentimes show the meta description in search results.
3. From there, you can Save & Close OR Save & View your page.
4. Once your page is created, you can then move on to adding a page to the website navigation if you'd like it to appear in your website's navigation menu.
5. View the page on the frontend and review/edit the formatting of the content, and then you're all set!