Before a dues rule can be applied to dues invoices on your Novi website, you'll need to connect them to a QuickBooks Online Item, and also mark them as Active.
This applies to all new Dues Rules - whether you are just about to launch your new Novi website, creating a new member type after launch, or updating the dues rules for an existing member type - you'll need to toggle the Dues Rule(s) from Draft to Active as quickly as possible.
Setting Dues Rules to Active
Updating your dues rules is very simple and the steps can all be done right on the backend of Novi. Once you've created a dues rule, follow the steps below to connect your dues rule to the proper QuickBooks item and make it active.
The following 1-minute video will walk you through this process for a sample dues rule, or continue reading below for specific steps and details:
Additional Resource: Mapping Accounting to QuickBooks Items (Products and Services) & Accounts
(1) On the backend of Novi, navigate to Members > Member Types > and select the member type to open the settings.
(2) Then click on the Dues Rules tab.
(3) Once you've created a dues rule, scroll down to the Accounting section and add the Item (and Class if applicable):
If the Item you need is not listed, new Items must be created in QuickBooks Online.
If you don't see any Items listed, reach out to your onboarding specialist to see if your site has been connected to QuickBooks Online yet.
If Classes should be showing and is not, or if the requirement setting needs to be changed, learn more about using Classes in QuickBooks & Novi AMS here.
(4) Then toggle the dues rule to Active at the top right of the modal:
(5) Once you've reviewed the dues rule and everything is set, click the Save & Close button.