Novi's Ecommerce module allows you to add products to your website to sell to your members (and non-members too!). Once someone (or some company) has purchased one of your products, you will want to consider what actions should be taken next.
This article covers:
- What happens when a product is purchased
- How to view, process, and edit orders
- How to notify the purchaser (or not) when an order is fulfilled
- How to cancel an order from the admin/backend
What happens when a product is purchased?
- Purchaser receives a confirmation email.
- A notification email is sent to the designated staff email address according to your association settings.
- The order is added to your "Orders" page (or the "Subscriptions" page if the product is a subscription) only if the product is set to "Requires Fulfillment."
- A red circle notification will appear -OR- if the notification is already there, it will be updated with the number of orders you have in the "Open" status.
So... what should you do?
Process the order
Orders that fall into the "Open" status will remain on the main order page until processed. This gives you the time to work on anything else related to the order, such as collecting the logo and advertisement associated with a purchased sponsorship.
- Once you have completed the above - to process a single order, click on the Order #. This will open a page with the purchase details and options.
Note, if the invoice for this order has not been paid, it will be noted near the top. You may want to consider leaving this product open until that invoice has been paid.
- On the order page, go to the Fulfillment tab to view and edit the Order Status & Tracking information.
- Click on the Order Status field and select Fulfilled from the drop-down. This will send the purchaser an email notifying them that their order has been fulfilled.
- If applicable, a Tracking Number can be added as well.
- Then click Save & Close.
Fulfill An Order Without Notifying Purchaser
Sometimes, you may need to mark an Ecommerce order as fulfilled (i.e. closed) without sending the purchaser an "Order Fulfilled" email notification.
There are a couple of ways this can be done, depending on whether you are working on a single order or updating multiple orders at once.
(1) Batch Action - On the Orders list, check the boxes next to all orders you want to close, then click "Batch Actions" and select "Bulk Status Change." In the pop-up, change the order status to Fulfilled, toggle "Notify Purchaser" to Yes or No, then click Update.
(2) Single Order - On the Fulfillment tab of the order, change the status to Fulfilled, toggle "Notify Purchaser" to Yes or No, then click Save.
- Note: The "Notify Purchaser" option defaults to Yes. Be sure to change it to No (if desired) before clicking the Save button.
Canceling an Order
If you need to cancel the order, change the Order Status to "Canceled" instead. Please note, this will not update QuickBooks Online. You will need to process the invoice/sales receipt cancellation in QuickBooks as well.