The member Activity Timeline is an interactive tool that allows you to track and document important notes, calls, emails, tasks, and other member activities!
Not only that, it also gives you easy-to-access insight on what changes have been made to the record in terms of membership changes, event registrations, and ecommerce purchases.
The Timeline tab is only visible to admins on the backend, so the member will not see these internal notes and tasks.
View a Member's Timeline Activities
This Activity Timeline appears as the first tab on both company and person records, no matter their membership status.
Read on to learn more about the different types of activities and the features of the timeline below!
Types of Activities & Tasks
On the timeline, you'll see the following categories of activities: System Activities, Custom Activities, and Tasks.
These are activities automatically generated by the system when a membership, event, or ecommerce update occurs.
- Membership Created
- Membership Renewed
- Membership Non-Renewed
- Membership Expired
- Started/Stopped Inheriting - (the record has started or stopped inheriting benefits from a certain record)
- Membership Dates Changed - (manually - not due to a renewal)
- Membership Removed - (appears when an admin removes a member type)
- Membership Approved/Unapproved
- Dependent Membership Added/Removed - (only when it results in a change of membership status)
- Member Activated/Deactivated
- Novi API Feed Update
- Ecommerce order activities appear when someone places an order, or an admin creates an order for them on the backend. This could also reflect a product add-on that was purchased during an event or membership checkout.
- Upcoming and historical event registrations for the member will be displayed. Note that the date of the activity is the date of the event, not the date of the member's registration. Multiple tickets for the same event appear as one entry, and cancelled registrations won't appear on the timeline.
Activities added by an admin to be logged & tracked, these include:
Tasks are actionable items added to a customer's record that can be assigned to an association admin. These make it really easy for your team to stay on top of what needs to be done in terms of member management and communication!
Tasks can be found on a member's Activity Timeline or in the Task Center.
They can be assigned to a staff member, then when a task has been marked as completed, it will move from the Upcoming/Overdue section of the timeline to the Historical section.
Overdue tasks appear in red, so you always know what needs to be done first!
Additional Features of the Timeline
Filter & Search
Use the filter and search tools to filter the timeline by subject, notes you've added, activity type (see sections below), relationship type, or date.
Note: The timeline is filtered to show Relationship Type: Member & Children by default, meaning you'll see activities for the member whose record you are on and any of its direct staff and/or sub-companies. You can update the filter so that it will show activities for only the member, or for all records related to the member.
Dates and Upcoming/Overdue/Historical Sections
You'll notice that the Activity Timeline on a member record lists the dates the activities occurred, or the date a task is scheduled for, above the activities themselves.
From there, activities are split into two sections:
- Upcoming/Overdue - Overdue will only appear if overdue tasks exist. The Upcoming section will show you activities with a date coming up in the future.
- Historical - Historical shows your past activities and completed tasks.
In both sections, the activities are organized from most recent dates at the top of the list to further away at the bottom.
Exporting the Timeline
Don't forget! Anywhere you see the Excel icon in Novi in the top right-hand corner of a list, it means you're looking at an exportable list. If you need to export the timeline for a member, simply click the icon and a .csv file will be created.