The Membership Drop Report gives admins the ability to view and export a list of members who expired or were dropped during a specific time period. The results can be exported and are displayed in two ways - a visual chart and a grid/list view of the data.
Note: "Drops" are defined as anyone moving from Current or Grace Period to any other status.
- Find out how many members have dropped from your membership roster for any date range.
- Watch for trends in membership.
- Create a recruitment campaign geared towards these previous members.
- Export the report to share with the board of directors.
View the Membership Drop Report
- Go to the backend and click Reporting in the left sidebar.
- Then click Drop Report.
You can also access a pre-filtered version of the Drop Report via the Membership Change Summary Report.
Components of the Report
- The top section of this report is where you can adjust the filters. As the filters are changed, the report results below the filters will automatically update.
- Below that is the bar chart/graph - a visual representation of the data.
- The last section is the list/table view - a detailed breakdown of the members who were dropped from your membership roster.
The following filters can be used to customize the report results:
Report Period - sort by relative dates as well as a specific date range
- This Month (this is 1/1 of the current month through today's date)
- Last 3 Months (this is the default setting if all or most of your member types are setup as anniversary renewals)
- Last 12 Months (this is the default setting if all or most of your member types are setup as calendar renewals)
- Current Year (this is 1/1 of the current year through today's date)
- Previous Year
- Custom (enter specific start and end dates)
Group By - determines how the data will be displayed
Member Type - determines which members to include in the report, based on their assigned member type
- All Member Types (this is the default setting)
- Custom (select one or multiple member types from the drop-down)
Based on the filters applied above, the report will show the following in the chart/graph:
- Drop # (y-axis) - the number of members dropped/expired
- Report Period (x-axis) - the report dates grouped by Month, Quarter, or Year
Clicking on a red bar in the chart will update the report filter to that time period.
When viewing the list/table, please note:
- The default sort order is by Drop Date, then by Member Name.
- Using the search filter at the top of the list only updates the list view - it does not affect the chart results.
Data in the table includes the following columns by default:
- Member - this is the member's Display Name and each name is linked to the corresponding record on the backend (if the member has a parent company, the parent's name will also be listed/linked below the member's name)
- Drop Date - drops occur when a member's status transitions to any non-current status from current or grace period (inheriting members are excluded)
- Type - indicates if the record is for a company or a person (this column will be hidden by default if the organization’s member types are exclusively for people or exclusively for companies)
- Member Type - indicates which member type is assigned to the record
- Member Since - this is the date the member joined or reinstated their membership
- Membership Expires - this is the member's expiration date
- Member Status - this is the member's status as of today
Additional columns can be added to the list view from the gear icon:
- Billing Address
- Shipping Address
- Open Balance
- Primary Contact Name
- Primary Contact Email
- Primary Contact Phone
- Custom Fields that are visible in the Member List View (Admin) - see image below for the custom field settings
- "Drops" are defined as anyone moving from Current or Grace Period to any other status.
- The Drop Report includes deleted records because this is a point-in-time report. So even though the record is deactivated today, it was active during the time period of the report.
- A member could show up in the list multiple times if their membership status changed more than once during the time period of the report.
- Inheriting members are not included in this report.
Export the Drop Report
The Drop Report can be exported to a .pdf or .csv file by clicking the corresponding icon at the top right of the list.
- PDF (printer icon) - includes only the columns that are shown in the list
- CSV (paper with an "x" icon) - includes the data from all available columns