While some activities are tracked automatically (things like renewals, drops, etc.), you can also add activities for your communication-related notes and to-dos including calls, meetings, emails, and more.
To add a new activity, simply follow the steps below:
Step 1: Click to Add Your New Activity
There are various places you can do this, including:
- From the "Quick Create" plus sign at the top of every admin page
- From the Activity Timeline plus sign on the right-hand side
- On a member record under the New button
- From the Task center with the "New Task" button
- From the Task Center in the plus sign on the right-hand side
Step 2: Enter Your Activity Details
No matter which route you select above, you'll be shown the Add Activity modal below.
Once you're shown the modal, simply:
- Select your Activity Type (Note, Task, Meeting, Call, or Email).
- Enter a subject for the activity, if necessary.
- Select a date. You can select today's date, or past/future dates.
- Enter in your applicable notes. Remember that you can search by these notes in the Activity Timeline!
- Finally, fill in the applicable fields at the bottom of the modal:
- The Member Record attached to the activity or task is the record that you'll see this task on. This will be automatically filled out if you add a custom activity directly from a record.
- The Contact field is meant for you to track who within a company is the contact for this activity (ex: I need to email John Smith from ABC Company about the company's membership). Therefore, this field only shows when the member record is a company.
- Tasks include an additional Assigned To field that allows you to assign tasks to an association staff member.
- Don't forget to save your work!