Perhaps there's a product that needs to be invoiced to multiple members at once. If so, keep reading to learn how to do this!
We do mark this process as advanced, simply because it should only be used when needed to generate product invoices in bulk for members who are in a group together. Under no circumstances should this be used for routine tasks like dues renewals, event registrations, etc. This only pertains to bulk e-commerce product purchases - other things happen elsewhere in the system.
To do this:
1. Navigate to the groups list on the backend by going to Members > Groups.
2. Find or create a group using the Add Group button in the upper right hand corner of members who need to be invoiced.
3. Click the title of the needed group to open the group.
4. In the top right corner of the group's page that appears, select the drop down arrow (aka a caret), then choose Generate Invoices.
5. A modal will appear.
6. From here, select the product. If the product is a subscription, select the subscription Start & End dates for the current members of the group. (Note: Some members of the group may be marked as "Cannot Purchase". This simply means that the product's settings may not allow them to be eligible for purchase.)
7. Optional: enter an Invoice Description.
8. Check the box for One Invoice per Billable Party if needed.
The option for Billable Party will show for each purchaser:
The names highlighted in yellow can be changed to another Billable Party either by click the down arrow and selecting:
Or mark all records that are able to be changed to the Parent as the Billable Party by clicking the blue "Select Parent Record for all Billable Parties"
8. Click the Generate Invoices button on the bottom right. This has now created the invoices and/or signed these members up for the subscription (Find on backend in Orders > Subscriptions).
9. To email these newly generated invoices to members, head to the Accounting > Transactions tab.
10. Use the filter on the page to find Product Invoices that have not been emailed.
11. Select invoices and use the Batch Action tool the email them at once.
All Product invoices will show the purchaser’s name on the invoice in the "message displayed on invoice" section, so the billable party knows who made the purchase.