Keeping your members informed and your website content fresh is a key component to member engagement. So, we made it really easy to add new content to the Blog/News section of your website.
Add an Article
- Title the Article (required*)
- Select an Author
- Select a Category - or more than one!
- Select a Published On date (required*) - if this date is in the future, the article will not show on the frontend until that day
- Choose a Background Image
- Add Overview Text - this will show as "teaser" text on the main blog page; if left blank the system will automatically show the first 150 characters from the article
Add the Article Details
If you've previously crafted your article in a word doc or similar, you can copy & paste the details in the HTML box. A couple notes:
- Be sure to paste as plain text or remove the formatting.
- We recommend styling the text and images from the front-end. Once you've completed setting up the article, click "view frontend" to easily access the article even if it's not active yet.
Finish with SEO (optional)
The SEO information section will automatically populate from the page title that you enter. You have the option to edit or add to the SEO information on any article.
Click "Save & Close" OR "Save & View" which will take you directly to the article to proof and edit the text to your liking!
Restrict Visibility of the Article
If you want a blog article to be private (e.g. only visible to members), assign the article to a Blog Category that is locked down to a Novi Group.
Blog Category Setting:
Blog Article Setting:
If someone who does not have access (in other words, they do not meet the Group's conditions) tries to view a restricted blog article/category, they will be directed to the standard "restricted" message:
What happens if my article is in multiple blog categories with different visibility settings?
If you have an article that is listed in multiple categories, be aware that if one of those categories is restricted to a group (or groups), and another category is public, the public will be able to view the article.
Locked down categories can have preview "teaser text" visible to the public. This allows website visitors to see a "preview" of the content, but only make the content of the full article available to the restricted group.
Checking this box allows the category to be seen by the public in a list view only - when they click to view the article they will see the restricted message.