If the product you want to view and edit is not in Novi yet, refer to the Create a New Product in Novi or Import Existing Products from QuickBooks Online article first. You can also copy an existing product in Novi (go to the Product List and click the drop-down arrow in the Action column, then select Copy Product).
When creating a new Ecommerce Product in Novi, you will see the options listed below in the New Product pop-up modal.
New Product Modal:
You can also access the same information on an existing product, whether it was created in Novi or imported from QuickBooks Online.
Go to Ecommerce > Products > click on the product Name (or the Edit link in the Action column). This will open the product in a full page view with multiple tabs. This article explains the available options on the Details tab.
Details Tab on a Product Page:
For each product (regardless of how it was created), fill out the product form in Novi, including:
Name & Category
These fields are required and will show on the frontend of your website.
Select whether it is typical pricing, donation-based, or offline. For "Paid" products, also choose if it is a one time purchase or a subscription (monthly or annual).
A note about "Offline" Ecommerce Products: This category of products is typically for things that you want to advertise in your store, but don't allow online purchasing for.
- These products do not require a QuickBooks Account to connect to, since they aren't being purchased online.
- New offline products created in Novi will not automatically sync to your Products & Services list in QuickBooks Online. This excludes products that already existed inside of QuickBooks and were imported into Novi - those will continue to update. This ensures that those products are truly treated as "offline."
- Access to Purchase - The default setting allows companies, individuals, and non-members to purchase the product. If access should be limited, update these checkboxes as needed.
- Payment - To require a credit card payment, check the box for "Disable Invoicing."
- Taxable - This setting will add tax to the product during checkout.
- Requires Fulfillment - This allows you to receive an email if the product is purchased from the store (if the email is setup in your Association Settings) and for the order to appear in your Orders tab.
- Shipping Weight - This will apply to the product in the checkout cart, and is calculated based on the setup in your Association Settings.
- Limited Quantity - Until the limit is reached, a badge will be displayed on the frontend with the number of "Items Remaining." Once the limit is reached, users will see a "Sold Out" badge on the frontend of your website. Admins can override the quantity limit on backend purchases.
- Set Date & Time - Before the purchase window starts and after it ends, the product will not show in the Ecommerce store on the frontend of your website. It also will not show in the featured products section (right sidebar).
- Only Visible to These Groups - This setting will require users to login before they can see the product in the Ecommerce store. The system can then check to see if they are in the Group(s) that have access to this product.
- Image: Product images are 250 x 250 (square). Uploaded images will be forced to this size and shape automatically, so be sure to utilize the image adjustment tool to resize and/or crop as needed.
- Confirmation Email Information
- QuickBooks Online Account (and Class if applicable)
- Search Engine Optimization - Learn more about SEO
In the Web Store section of the New Product form, there's an option for Visibility to be checked as "Featured." This will display the product on the left-side of the Products page of your website.
Note: There is a limit of 5 products that can be displayed - they are ordered randomly and selected from all the products marked as featured. For example, if you make 10 products featured, they will randomly be rotated in and out of that list of 5.
Items of Note:
- Products are linked to an ACCOUNT in QuickBooks Online.
- Products are different than event tickets or dues rules which are linked to an item/product. By adding a product in Novi, you are adding an item/product to a chart of accounts in Quickbooks.
- A product purchased from the Ecommerce store that is marked as "Requires Fulfillment" will create an order, which will be added to the Orders list (on the backend).
- If a product has a limited quantity and an admin is submitting the order on the backend, the admin will see a message with the remaining available quantity. If the quantity goes over the limit, the admin can override and submit the order anyway.
- You can decide if the product should appear in your frontend store by using the "Shown In Store" toggle in the top right.
- Novi Product Purchases - View the purchase details of a specific product all in one place: Purchaser, Order Type & Status, Quantity, Price Paid & Discount, and more!
- Add Products to Ecommerce Store - Create a New Product in Novi or Import Existing Products from QuickBooks Online.
- Novi Product Sales Report - Learn how to view a report showing item-level sales for all Ecommerce products ordered in Novi.