If you are a new staff member of an association using Novi AMS, welcome to the team! First and foremost, if you don't already have access to the database as an admin, ask your supervisor to follow the steps in this article to get you setup.
Available Resources for Training
- Previously recorded trainings - We record all onboarding trainings and provide the links to your team. Please speak with someone from your organization about getting access to those.
- Group Onboarding Trainings (as available) - Some of the onboarding trainings are held in a group setting. You are free to join those at any time. Upcoming training sessions, with a link to register, can be found at https://hq.noviams.com/events/novi-group-training-sessions. Anyone new or wanting to brush up can jump in!
- 400+ Educate articles (like the one you're reading now!). Add http://help.noviams.com to your bookmarks for easy access.
- Intercom - Our internal messaging system for when you have questions. See article below.
- 1:1 Training or Workshops - If your team is looking for hourly personal training or workshop time with one of our team members, you can view more information on 1:1 time here!
- Roundtable sessions on various Novi topics - You can view the upcoming topics here.
- Annual Users Conference - Ask your Novi rep for more details.
AE Tip: Every association uses Novi in a slightly different way, so always be sure to reference your internal process documentation in addition to these articles.
Before moving on, you may want to learn some of the basic terminology first.
- Receiving Customer Support & Updates via Intercom - Learn how to use Intercom ("the blue bubble") to communicate with the Novi AMS Support and Product teams.
- Reporting Bugs - Learn how to help the Novi AMS support team resolve issues quickly.
- Prioritizing Your Novi AMS Feature Requests - A message from our founder on how we incorporate the ideas and feedback of association professionals into every line of code we write.
Novi Admin (Backend)
- Create a New Company or Person - Create a new member record in the Novi admin.
- How to move someone from one company to another in your Novi database - Learn what to do when someone moves to a new company.
- Updating an Individual's Email Address in Novi: Professional Contact Info vs User Account - Learn the difference between a person's contact email address and their user account email, and how to update both on the backend.
- How to Add a Headshot/Photo to a Profile in Novi - Learn how to upload a picture to a Novi record (on the backend) so it will appear on the frontend as the person's headshot.
- Password Reset from Admin - Learn how to help users reset their passwords (from the backend).
- Merge Members in Novi AMS - Learn how to merge a company or person in Novi AMS, and when it's more appropriate to merge directly in QuickBooks.
- Auto-Renewals, Drops & Grace Periods - How membership & accounting interact and what that means for drops.
- Creating Custom Membership and Event Reports - How to pull the data you need out of your database by creating custom reports.
- Create Custom Fields for Members or Events - How to create a custom field that can be added to member records or event registration forms.
- Create a New Product - Learn how to create a product in Novi or import an existing product from QuickBooks.
- Create a New Group in Novi - Learn how to create a Group in Novi, by selecting specific records or creating conditions.
- Adding and Setting Up Promo Codes - How to create and set limitations on promo codes.
- Creating and Updating Leadership Roles - Feature people and/or companies on website pages by using leadership roles.
- Posting a Blog (News) Article - How to add and write a new article on your Novi website.
- Event Ticket Setup - Learn how to create and customize event tickets for attendee registrations.
- Creating an Event Category - Learn how to categorize your events to improve the frontend search function.
- Member Event Registration from Frontend Website - Learn how members can register for events on your association's website.
- Print & Email the Transactions Created by Admin Event Registrations - For event registrations created in the admin (backend), Novi does not automatically send Invoices or Sales Receipts to purchasers. This article explains how to send the transactions manually.
- Cancel an Event Registration - Learn how to cancel an event registration with a full refund, a cancellation fee, or no refund at all.
- Formatting Event Details and News Articles - Learn why it is recommended to edit articles and events on the frontend.
- Best Practices for Optimizing Images for Web - We've compiled a list of best practices for optimizing your images for your site in reaching its full potential.
- Background Image Best Practices - Best practices to consider when choosing background images.
- Selecting the Appropriate Template for your CMS page - How to choose the right template option to optimize readability on your standard content pages in Novi.
Accounting & QuickBooks Online
- Getting Started with Novi AMS - For Bookkeepers & Accountants - Hit the ground running with these tips & tricks.
- Cheat Sheet: QuickBooks Settings, Transactions & Objects that sync with Novi AMS - See a quick list of all of the QuickBooks settings, transactions & objects that sync with Novi AMS.
- Cheat Sheet: Four Common Transaction Types - Learn the four most common accounting transaction types used in QuickBooks and Novi - a quick guide for non-bookkeepers.
- Receive Payment: Novi AMS vs QuickBooks - Learn when to receive payments in QuickBooks Online vs Novi AMS.
- Sending Transactions from Novi AMS & QuickBooks - Learn the differences between emailing invoices & sales receipts from Novi vs QuickBooks Online.
- Purchaser vs Billable Party - Learn the difference between the Purchaser and the Billable Party when creating transactions (invoices & sales receipts).
- MailChimp and Novi AMS Integration Overview - Find in depth information on this sync and the answers to our most frequently asked questions including how to create campaigns, how to locate groups in MailChimp and more!
- Constant Contact and Novi AMS Integration - How to create a Constant Contact list in Novi and send marketing emails.
- Guidelines for Creating File Names and URLs - If you're saving a PDF, an image or even a friendly file name for a Novi record, you'll need to avoid certain characters.
Tip: Bookmark this article in your browser for future reference!