The Recent Signups List is a great tool for admins to see and review details about who has joined their association. This can be found on the backend, in the Members section > Recent Signups.
Detailed Review of Your Recent Member Signups
On your Recent Signups list, you can customize your view by adding or removing data columns based on what you need to review for recent signups.
Information displayed here includes the Signup Date, the Name of the individual or company and any associated Parent Company, Member Type, Transaction info, Approval status and more. You can also choose to display data from Custom Fields that are available in your Member List View. To choose additional fields to display in your signups report, click the Gear icon and select or deselect fields to display.
In addition, you can sort the list by moving your cursor over a column header and when the small triangle appears, click to sort ascending or descending by the data in that column. The Recent Member Signups list can also be exported or printed by clicking the corresponding icons above the table header.
Who Appears in Recent Signups & Actions to Take
There are several options you may encounter in the Action column:
Records that appear with a "Clear" action:
- Users who create a new record under a parent member already in your database. These users will be non-members until their company is approved for membership (if not already approved). Admins will want to consider checking for duplicate records.
- If your association settings allow non-members to create accounts, users who create a new non-member record and user account from the frontend will also show in the Recent Signups list. Admins will want to consider checking for duplicate records before clearing them from the list.
- Incomplete Signups are new prospective members who failed to complete the checkout step during new member signup (they navigated away from the page once they got to the dues portion). Since their contact information is now in the system, admins will want to consider reaching out to this lead.
- New membership signups from the frontend in a member type that does not require approval.
Records that appear with an "Approve" or "Deactivate" action:
- New signups from the frontend that are in a member type that requires admin approval. In addition to checking for duplicates, we recommend not approving members until their payment status is "Paid."
- New signups from the backend that are in a member type that requires admin approval and the admin toggles "Auto-Approve" to Off when creating the membership.
- Expired members who renew their membership from the frontend will show in the Recent Signups list if the following are all true:
1. They are being “treated as new” - this is based on the member type setting, which can be found on the Renewal tab. Learn more about how to treat expired members as new.
2. The member type requires admin approval - this is on the Settings tab of the member type. Learn more about how to require approval for a new member to receive membership benefits.
3. They renew themselves from the Member Compass on the frontend. Learn more about how members can process manual dues renewals, including lapsed members who want to re-join.
Items of note:
- A record cannot be deactivated with an open balance.
- If you do not wish to deactivate the record, and would rather them show as a Prospect in the system, simply navigate to their record and remove their Original Join Date, Membership Since Date, and Expiration Date. When you save the record, they will automatically show as a prospect and will be removed from Recent Signups. See below FAQs for more information.
- Deactivating an individual's record will delete their login associated with their record.
Learn more about deactivating records, or troubleshoot if you receive an error when attempting to deactivate a record.
Signups that never appear in the Recent Signups list:
- Users who create an account & verify their identity with an email address already in your association's Novi AMS.
- Users who have an existing non-member record in your association's database and create a user account login from the frontend. This type of signup is only possible if your association settings allow non-members to create accounts.
The Signup Date provides you detail on when the new member submitted their information to join or when a user account was created.
- For dues-paying members, the Signup Date will show their Member Since date.
- For non-dues paying members, such as inheriting staff or non-members, the Signup Date will reflect when their user account was created.
The oldest open dues invoice will be displayed in the Recent Signups list (including open and overdue status). If there is not an open dues invoice on the pending member's record, the most recent transaction will be displayed (e.g. a sales receipt).
Member Status Columns
You'll also notice a Member Status column and a Member Sub-Status column in the Recent Signups list.
The Member Status column will show you the status of the record - whether they are currently a non-member, inheriting, current, etc.
The Member Sub-Status column will give more detail about the Pending status - records can be pending for two reasons:
- They haven't yet been approved.
- They are missing a relation to a member in a member type that they are dependent on.
Learn more about the different Novi Member Statuses here.
Why is my dues-paying member showing as "Auto-Approved?"
- If a new member signs up for membership, but is showing as "Auto-Approved" rather than giving you an option to approve or deactivate, make sure that the settings on the Member Type are set to: Members > Member Types > Choose a type > Settings > Check box next to "New Members Require Admin Approval" > Save).
Why is the transaction number and payment status showing for a non-dues paying member?
- If you notice that a non-dues paying member is showing with a transaction and payment status, these are related records to the new member. For example, the primary contacts who signed their companies up for membership or the new company record of the new individual member. This information is available to you on their line in Recent Signups so that you can easily see the payment status.
Can I un-approve a member?
- Yes! If you need to un-approve a member who has already been approved, follow the steps in this article.
What if I want to keep my unapproved member in the system for tracking and don't want to Deactivate them?
- No problem! If you want to keep the "not approved" member in your system for tracking purposes, but don't necessarily want to make them inactive by deactivating them, all you need to do is convert them to a Prospect or Non-Member record. This will automatically clear them from the Recent Signups list without deactivating them.